Wednesday 5 November 2014

I'm Back!

A warning this post will be photo heavy!

So pleased to see that my scheduled posts worked so you may not have realised that I've been missing, but I have! I took a few photos on our fantastic holiday in Oz (over 700!) but don't panic I'm not going to show them all! Just a few and over a few posts so you don't get too bored! After a loooong flight via Hong Kong we arrived at our hotel in Melbourne in the early hours of Sunday morning (we left home on Friday morning at 7am!). The tour started that afternoon so we were able to get a reasonable amount of sleep. In fact we didn't wake till 11am and had missed breakfast so brunched on a MacDonalds!!

View from hotel bedroom
A walk along the riverside in the late morning then it was time to meet our fellow travellers followed by dinner on an old tram while it toured the city.

The next day we had a tour of the city which included a visit to the Shrine of Remembrance, Botanic Gardens and Captain Cook's Cottage and some of the old lanes which are filled with restaurants and coffee shops! In the afternoon we drove to Phillip Island to see the Penguin Parade with stops on the way to see some of the outstanding scenery and a Koala and Kangaroo conservation park.










 
No photos of the penguins though as cameras were not allowed. The flashes would have spooked them ! 
I'll tell you where we went next in another post!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous time Sue, I've not been to Melbourne and I live here! Lovely pics, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly wouldn't have guessed that you were away.
    The last few photo's reminded me of the Great Ocean Road, which we drove down but not to the end but stayed down there one night which was really spooky as the place we stayed had no street lights. We had 3 days in Melbourne. Great photo's.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband comes from Melbourne and his brother lives in Cowes on Phillip Island. My husband also lived up in Cairns in Queensland for a few years. I am sure you had an amazing time. Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! This is my dream vacation! That is a LONG plane trip though - wow! Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...