Thursday 15 August 2019

Dragonfly Dreams

The new challenge at Cardz for Galz is "Wings". I decided to use a pretty stamp set from SU that I had never inked up and is now retired. My idea was to stamp on a piece of acetate that I has coloured with alcohol inks. I then spent a very frustrating couple of hours trying to get a decent stamped image, but with no success. The stamp obviously has a flaw. The moral of this story is that rather than not inking up new stamps immediately, it actually might be a good idea to test them before adding them to the NBUS mountain!

On to plan two which was to use the matching dies instead. By this time my coloured piece of acetate was all used up and in the bin.

A quick rummage in my bits drawer and I found a piece of brusho coloured background.  I cut an oval out of it to mount my dragonfly on.

Then cut the dragonfly out of purple glitter and silver mirri card. I'll add a sentiment when I use it.

There's lots of inspiration on the challenge blog and hope to see all your lovely makes as well.

5 comments:

  1. A really lovely card, with great colours and a super dragonfly die.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pity about your stamp being faulty. I am impressed with how you pulled this together though. I love the background and I never find bits like that in my bits drawer. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty card and love the dragonfly. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame that you had trouble with your stamp, Sue. Your dragonfly looks great against your lovely inky background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard you talking directly to me, Sue, and I appreciate your advice! I need to definitely start doing that, so thank you! I'm sorry you got a bad stamp, but I have to say it was a happy accident cuz your card is sensational with the dies!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...