Monday 23 November 2020

Christmas Stars

I'm sneaking in to this month's Twofer Challenge at almost the last minute. I always find this challenge a "challenge" and this month particularly so. I have no shortage of stars in my stash but found it hard to decide what to do. I'm still not entirely happy with them but at least I've tried.

My first card was done after seeing some of Kevin Nakagawa's tutorials. I think I need a lot more practise and the trees would show up more if I'd clear embossed them on top of the black ink.

The snow splatters were made by hitting a Posca pen with a ruler. Somehow i've managed to get them in a straight line.

My second card is still using the swirl of stars plus the larger star image which was heavily winked with red to give it a bit of sparkle.

And here are the two together. All the stamps are from SU.



3 comments:

  1. I think you are too hard on yourself, Sue! I love them both! Your starry night sky with the tree silhouette is just what a starry night sky would look like on a night with a new moon! When it's dark like that, the stars POP even more! And your second design is a CASlicous and elegant beauty all dressed in red and heavily winked! Hammy gives it two thumbs up! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #33! Keep safe and well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are 2 lovely cards Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That night sky behind the silhouette Christmas trees is gorgeous, Sue ... there's such a great sense of starry movement in the swoosh ... and what a rich, shimmery Star of Bethlehem to crown it all! Your second card in festive red is wonderfully CAS ... so delicate and detailed! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...