Wednesday 11 August 2021

Silver Wedding

First of all I was deeply saddened this week to learn of the untimely death of a blogging friend, Kath of Plain and Simple. She made beautiful cards, very often floral and paperpieced. She was a long term commenter on my blog, having comented on almost every post over the last few years.  She will be sadly missed in blogland.

R.I.P Kath xx

Now onto a card I made for a friend's silver wedding earlier this month. I went for elegant and understated and hope I managed to achieve it!


The background stamp is yet another NBUS from Simon Says Stamp, Inked and stamped in silver using the Misti . The numbers are SU dies which I cut out three ties and layered up to make them stand out. I am sharing with NBUS challenge and Try it on Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear Sue, of losing your blogger friend.
    Love your silver card. The background is beautiful. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Sue. Definitely elegant and understated. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and such lovely words about Kath. It's been a heart breaking few weeks for those of us who knew what was to come yet hoping against hope it was all a huge mistake. RIP Kath.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding Kath, you have my heartfelt sympathy. Already miss her, as I know lots of others do.

    Your silver wedding anniversary card is superb.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of a blogging friend Sue, life is all to short. Your anniversary card is beautiful, indeed understated. I love the background, give such an elegant feel to the card. Very nicely done! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project, great colour and style. Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your blogging friend! I love this card, Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is perfect for celebrating such a marriage milestone, Sue! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS!

    Hearing about Kath's sudden death when it happened was such a shock. She was a dear bloggie friend with a wicked sense of humor and I will miss her very much. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...