Tuesday 18 November 2014

Australia - Sydney and the end!

Thank goodness I hear you say! Well you have to indulge me - it's unlikely I will ever go back so it was the holiday of a lifetime! 

 
An iconic backdrop! 
We had a tour of the city by bus, a harbour cruise, trip round the Opera House and a visit to Bondi - all in one day!

On Bondi Beach which was much smaller than I imagined - had to have a paddle though but ended up with soggy trousers!
The Opera House. It was very impressive inside as well and it would have been nice to have had time to see a show or concert there. Some of the tour who were staying on did go and see The King and I.
The next day was free and we had a trip round the Maritmine Museum then found the Chinese Garden. We spent a good couple of hours in there, it was so beautiful and tranquil.


 We also found one of these (below) so had to go round again to find all the Chinese year symbols

 I hope you haven't been too bored my my holiday snaps!



3 comments:

  1. I'd love to see even more pics :) Thank you for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photo's and brought back memories for me, I was also shocked at Bondi beach but did get to go to see the Mikado at the Opera house, it was fabulous and so very funny. Can't see us going back either, cheaper to pay for our Daughter to come home and she gets to see all the Family instead of just us boring pensioners.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No complaints from me, Sue! It's likely the closest I'll ever get, so I appreciate that you shared with us!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...