How wrong was I! I started off doing an emboss resist piece but the embossing didn't work very well on watercolour paper, so it went in the bin. Then I made a Brusho background which was quite nice but I wasn't sure where to go with it. A few days later I remembered this snowflake die which hadn't been used and thought I could put the Brusho background behind it, but a) it was too pale, and b) it was too narrow. So back to the drawing board and I found a piece of vellum, wet it and sprinkled it with brushos, now this looked much better behind the snowflake. I rather like the way the light comes through but I think it will have to have some sort of insert to hide the inside before I can use it next Christmas.