Monday 19 February 2018

Messy card for a Teen!

The new challenge at Make My Monday is to use a messy background. Now I always think they look great when other people do them, but I'm never so sure about mine! Anyway I had a rummage through my box to see if I had anything ready made and found the last piece of a Brushos background created at the HLS retreat back in November.Having found it I then had to think of something to do with it! I decided a large sentiment was the way to go and dcided to emboss it with  a metallic green embossing powder. Needless to say it was a disaster - I just couldn't get a decent image. Back to the drawing board.
So I mounted it on to orange then cut a band of the same orange to cover up the disastrous embossing, stamped the sentiment in black, fortunately using the Misti as I had to stamp it three times before getting a clear print. Some enamel dots finished it off and it went on its way to Roy's great-nephew who has just turned thirteen!

6 comments:

  1. fantastic bold colour combo and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, the orange and blue works well together. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. your "disaster" turned into a super cool card, teamie!

    we all know these moments, when everything goes wrong, but in the end there is an unexpected outcome...

    hugs and kisses from germany
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recovery from your 'disaster', Sue. Your lovely card is just perfect for a teenager. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and a brilliant man card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a super colour combo, oops looks like everyone has said that but such a different combination and looks even better with the bold black sentiment.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...