Thursday 8 April 2021

Golden Birthday Buddha

It was recently Roy's birthday and as he is very fond of oriental things having lived in Hong Kong many years ago, I wanted to make a suitable card. He is particularly fond of Buddha's and when I saw this stamp last year, I knew it would make a perfect card for him. I have to thank Jane for her enabling post here.

I stamped and embossed on gold mirri card and then mounted it onto a leafy background, made with a Uniko background stamp and inked around the edges.That should have been the finished card but I made a mess on the inside! So cut the front off and mounted it on to a gold A5 card, then was much more careful stamping on the inside. I'm sharing this at the NBUS challenge and Watercooler Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. First Sue, thank you for your lovely message on my last post. I am now much better, thank goodness.
    This is an amazing card and I am sure it will be treasured. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card Sue! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sue. I'm sure Roy was thrilled to receive it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Sue, I love the buddha you stamped. Your background is perfect for him too. How interesting that Roy lived in Hong Kong many years ago! I bet he loved this card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really super image and love the gold, great papers and design.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday to Roy! I'm sure he loved this thoughtful and gorgeous Asian design you made just for him! (I can so relate to having to cut off the front and glue it to another card base because I messed up the inside!) Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue this is stunning. I love how you've embossed that gold panel and the subtle leaf background panel. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at the WWC. Triatan DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...