Thursday 18 February 2016

Box of Minions!

Having made a Minecraft box card back in November for my eldest grandson, I had to make another box card for his younger brother's birthday next month. And it had to be Minions as he is Minion crazy.

So using my trusty SU owl punch I set about making Minions. There are lots of instructions on Pinterest so I'm not going to repeat them here. The taller one ( no idea what his name is as I've not seen either of the films) was made with a 1" wide strip with the ends shaped with a round punch. I added some balloons on the back panel as a bit of variety. They needed some strings to finish off so I drew some in but they looked terrible. Baker's twine to the rescue! Much fiddling and glue all over my hands I finally got the twine to stick over my rubbishy drawn lines. It would have been so much easier if I had decided to do this before I had stuck the minions on, but hindsight is a wonderful thing! Google eyes added to the minions and a sentiment in a speech bubble and it was done. Lots of snippets used here so I'm popping over to the Playground where Sarn is in charge this week.

7 comments:

  1. I bet you Grandson will be thrilled when he receives this pop up box card, it's fabulous. I have a board on my Pinterest account just for these boxes but I'm still to have a go at making one myself. You've done a great job Sue. Thank you for the lovely comment that you left on my blog, I really appreciate it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My granddaughter is a Minecraft addict and grandson is a Minions fan too. He would love your box card, it's brilliant. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card for your grandson. All his friend will want one. It looks lovely Sue and I bet you had fun making it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pop-up box and great images.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee . . . I've never seen a Minions film either! But I know a few people who love them! This boxful of 'em looks great Sue.

    Thanks for coming over to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sue, your grandson will jump up and down when he sees this fantastic minion popup box!! Those minions are all the rage over here, too! And good job using those snippets with gluey fingers! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what a fantastic card in a box i bet your grandson absolutely love this..
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...