Monday 20 August 2012

Something Completely Different

Those of you who know me will know that another of my interests is knitting. Something I have done since the age of 11 when I made myself a jumper from a pattern in "Girl" comic. All my needles were stored in a roll made of plastic which over the years disintegrated and I had tried in vain to get another one. Recently I saw some on Ebay but then thought I could have a go at making my own (I sew as well!) using some of the lovely SU fabric. Now although I sew I do like to have a pattern. I found quite a few tutorials on blogs but they all seemed either over complicated or difficult to follow - so spent the weekend making one out of my head. I knew what I wanted it to look like. I also didn't want any bound edges or raw seams, and it needed to be fairly substantial so the needlles wouldn't poke through. A lot of the tutorials had fleece interfacing in. I haven't got any and it would have meant waiting for an internet order to arrive if I used it. So here's my finished roll - double fabric throughout so no raw seams.


I used the very pretty Twitterpated fabric - a complete box- and the stripes were perfect for sewing straight lines to make the pockets!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...