The window had some very old secondary double glazing which was well past its usefulness and was not needed either as the windows are double glazed anyway. It was a relic from when I moved in 15 years ago! I finally took it down (well my son took the panes out without having to move anything, as he's somewhat taller than me!) At the weekend I took all the framework off and filled the holes in ready to paint, but I had to move the desk, which meant the top just lifted off (a cheap flat pack one!) and move everything out of the way so that I could reach. I was hoping to paint the window recess as well but the paint had not kept well. That was very annoying as it was almost half a tin and meant another trip to a certain well known DIY store to get a fresh tin. One coat on the wall and two coats of paint on windowsill done! The wall needs at least one more coat tomorrow, which will still leave me a virtually full 2.5 litre can of paint!! Hopefully I can then put everything back on Thursday. Then with the Easter weekend - gardening again - and a possible visit from family next week for a couple of days I can't see me playing with paper for a little while. Good job I can still get a crafting fix digitally!