to make a start!
Creating it was not without some hiccups! After creating a background I got some stamps out and inked them up with black archival, the pad slipped out of my hand and stupidly I tried to catch it and ended up with a perfect ink pad mark on my top (which was pale blue) - fortunately a very old one which has now been relegated to the "decorating clothes" cupboard. So the background now had badly stamped images so went back to the gesso and paints. This time more succesful but would have been better if I'd had a bit more patience and let it dry properly, before stamping. Then I got the gilding flakes out. I really want to do a canvas similar to this so it was a way of seeing whether the end result was vaguely like I envisaged. I'd forgotten how messy gilding flakes and flitterglu were! But they did look like i'd imagined so a good result. But as I craft upstairs the nearest supply of water for the fliterglu'd stamps etc is the bathroom - so then that had to be cleaned as well!
Anyway Sarn - the book is no longer pristine - and despite the hiccups along the way I enjoyed playing! Stamps used are Clarity, Stampin' Up! and Kanban. The background, acrylic paint, distress stains and Cosmic Shimmer sprays.