Wednesday 15 March 2017

A Chinese Garden

Quirky Craft Challenge is a new to me challenge, and this is their first challenge after restarting them. They want us to use a photo as inspiration for our creations. I decided to go with a scrapbook page.


When we were in Sydney in 2014 we found the Chinese Garden which is surrounded by western office blocks and buildings. It was an oasis of calm in a busy city and we spent quite a long time wandering around. You can see the modern buildings in the background of the photo of the Pagoda. I created the page in Craft Artist so I hope a digital entry is acceptable.

7 comments:

  1. A really lovely page Sue. I'm sure you must have some wonderful memories of your trip. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page and love the photo and papers. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Sue - you've brought back memories of my own trip to Sydney almost 20 years ago. We were staying with friends outside the city so only saw the gardens from the outside - am I imagining it or did we go over them on some kind of overhead railway or monorail? - but I remember thinking how calm and peaceful they looked in the middle of such a bustling city, and your layout has really captured that calmness. Thank you for joining in our first challenge at the re-opened Quirky Crafts.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is one there as we saw a station nearby but I can't remember seeing any trains!

      Delete
    2. I've just googled it and it closed in 2013, probably explains why I didn't see any trains in 2014!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous - love the matching papers and embellishments - and of course a digital entry is welcomed for our challenge - it is great to see a variety of different ideas/techniques!
    Thanks for joining us for our First challenge back at Quirky Crafts,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant scrapbook page.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...