Wednesday 31 October 2018

Happy Little Stampers Watrcolour Challenge

It's time for the first of the Happy Little Stampers challenges for November. As always it is Anything Goes with an optional twist, and this month it's Get Well.

Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.
IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

 
I wnted to use a digistamp that I got a little while ago from Bugaboo, so printed it out on some Bristol board but the ink smudged as soon as I added the watercolour, the second one I left overnight but it still smudged. Watercolour paper would not go through the printer and my Stampin Up card bubbles with water, then I has a brainwave. If the ink wasn't drying on the Bristol board I could emboss it, and it worked. 
I coloured my dragon with Zigs in Welsh dragon colours, cut it out with L'il Inkers stitched square dies and affset it onto a red mat, before putting it on a green plaid background.

I'm looking forward to seeing all your entries!

6 comments:

  1. A super image and great choice of colours, a really lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My printer doesn't normally take water colour paper 300gsm. So I have to print the image in the middle of an A4 piece of 80gsm paper. Cut a piece of water colour paper the size you want and then centre it over the image. Attach a very small piece of double sided tape to the corners of the watercolour paper and line it up over the image. Then put it into your printer. It is tricking the printer to think it is just a normal piece of paper. Has worked for me ok.
    Love your little dragon and a very sweet card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't we all love to have such a delightful dragon come and cheer us up and no doubt be well in no time. Love this oh so cute colourful card Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very fun card. I'm still smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dragon! He is just perfect to send a get well message :) Well done with your trials and tribulations for the watercolour cardstock xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...