Thursday 29 August 2019

In the Groovi!

The new challenge at Cardz for Galz is to use vellum. My first thought was to add a vellum band with a sentiment to the front of my card, then I had a lightbulb moment and decided to look through my Groovi plates which have been very underused!


I really found it quite relaxing even though my craft room feels like a sauna at the moment! After embossing the outline I added colour on the back withSpectrum Noir colour pencils. I glued it onto a white card blank then addded a frame cut out with a Julie Hickey die which hid the edges of the vellum and the glue!

Do check out the rest of the DT makes.


2 comments:

  1. Sue, this is so pretty! Love how the pencils look on the vellum and the frame to hide the adhesive is genius! I never think to do that!! I can't seem to find out where you live to know why your craft room is a sauna at the moment LOL - but hope it feels more comfortable soon! Have a great (cooler) rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This takes me back to my very early days of crafting cards Sue! I had a light box and vellum and loved making pretty flower scenes. Yours is a beautiful framed card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...