Tuesday 14 July 2020

Butterflies for Twofer

The July challenge at Twofer is Butterflies.  I have a lot more butterfly stamps than I thought and rarely use any of them!  I decided to use a NBUS one from Indigo Blu that I think I got when I subscribed to a magazine someyears ago.

My first card used an alcohol ink background I had made when i was having a play afternoon.. I stamped and heat embossed the butterfly with black ink. Bad mistake as the Yupo card warped with the heat! 


I was determined to use it however , so put it in an aperture card blank. Then put it under my printer for 24 hours to try and flatten it.  It certainly improved it although it’s not perfect. For my second card  I coloured the butterfly with Copics to match the paper.


And here they are together.


The Allsorts Challenge is also asking for something beginning with B so I’m sharing my second card over there as well.


6 comments:

  1. Two super cards, great images and colours and a lovely background paper.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue, both of these cards are amazing! I love the background on your first card. The play you had looks like it resulted in wonderful backgrounds, this one is for sure. I love the colors you chose. The butterfly looks great on it. I can't see any warping, so it looks like it flattened out decently. Still a beautiful card even if it is a little warped! Your second card is so fun! I love how you did the sentiment on it. That purple paper is so pretty and I love how you colored your butterfly to match the sentiment paper. I am so loving both of these cards! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your butterfly image is one of the most beautiful ever. Such a dreamy flutterby! That ai background is so gorgeous on your get well card; mine just never turn out this pretty! I'm sure that the little bit of warping just adds character, so don't worry about it - it's such a pretty card! And I really like the soft purples and lavenders of your birthday card. Your butterfly's colors match the background perfectly! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are so beautifully done!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty, Sue! I'm with you on trying to do whatever I needed to do to make that first card work. That background is much too gorgeous to waste, so good job saving it and making a beautiful card! And your second design is a great use of lovely pp and I love how you colored your butterfly to match! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29! Keep well! (Don't forget to link to NBUS and thank you in advance for sharing there!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...