Tuesday 15 September 2020

Trees for Twofer

The Twofer challenge this month is Trees. I have lots of tree stamps in my stash so this should be easy - wrong! If I used a pine tree I couldn't see past a Christmas card . If I used any other sort of tree both designs turned out much the same.  My mojo has defintely taken a bit of a long hike. 

In the end I used one of the trees from a HLS set Christmas Joy. I stamped thtree three times with Versamark and heat embossed in red sparkle on a piece of alcohol inked card. Of course I forgot to use talc on it so embossing powder stuck everywhere!  I brushed most of it off but couldn't get inside the trees so made a feature of it by adding some more, and then some stickles.

 
For my second card I stamped the tree -minus its trunk onto some scraps of patterned paper and paper pieced them round a circle, which looked slightly messy so the sentiment got added to a diecut circle.

And here they both are together.

I'm still not really happy with them. Who would have thought this challenge would be so tricky!

6 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Sue. Very pretty. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super CAS card with great images and colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Twofer Challenge definitely makes us think, doesn't it?!! But you persevered and came out on top Sue...both cards are just lovely!! Your red sparkly Christmas trees are so pretty and I love how you used the trees for your 2nd card with the sentiment in the center...very clever! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge Sue!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I think you did a grand job of not making two Christmas-y tree cards. The Christmas card is sweet and cute. YOur Special day card is bright and fun great use of those trees! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge #31.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was having that same problem with this challenge Sue! So it isn't your mojo my friend. Besides, look at how creative and how you thought out of the box!!!! Both of these cards are amazing! I love the Christmas card and I love how you went with the flow when you had some stray embossing powder that you couldn't get off. Then there is the birthday card, so clever, so out of the box, I'm so in awe! Well done with this challenge!! Now why didn't I think of something like this?! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it very challenging myself, Sue, but I do love how it makes me think since my thinker is getting rustier with age, lol! Your thinker rose to the occasion with the creation of these two fun cards, which I think you should be very happy with! I love the whimsical way your Christmas tree turned out and then turning your tree into a heart-filled sunburst for a birthday card was just genius in my book! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #31! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...