Sunday 31 January 2021

HLS Watercolour Blue Daisies

Hi and welcome to the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge for February. This year there is no optional twist, so Anything Goes!

 

 I thought I'd make something floral. To start with I stmped and embossed the flowers in white then I painted water generously onto the card and then dropped in some blue, yellow and a tiny drop of red which I let spread across the paper.

I painted the petals with a stronger mix of the blue and added some orange to the centres. I added a few orange splatters to tie them in but the picture looks as though they are just mistakes! The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Clair Twilight.
Do check out the wonderful inspiration on the challenge blog from my fellow team members and hopefully you will join in.

8 comments:

  1. Really super background and love the colours of the lovely flowers.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your splatters do not look like accidents - beautiful card - I love how your flowers pop from your background
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pastel background - and the splatters matching the flowers are perfect too! But the flowers are the one stealing the show! Awesome card, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Sue! I love your background, such beautiful colors that worked so well together. Your splatters look like splatters to me and not mistakes. Love how your daisies pop, they look so beautiful, I just love them! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful daisies and you have to love a splatter, I love 'em!

    Happy Wednesday to you

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully watercoloured card! Gorgeous background and the flowers pop just the right amount. (And yes, the splatters look fine!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty, Sue! I love the beautiful wash background for your sweet blue flowers! Great splatters!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...