Saturday 6 February 2021

HLS Stencil Challenge

I am delighted to now be part of the Happy Little Stampers Stencil team. This is my first card for the challenge which is Anything Goes.

 


I pulled out a Clarity Stamp stencil which I think I've only ever used once before. I sponged in Speckled Egg and Tattered Rose distress inks. Then I wished I'd used something a bit brighter! But after a rummage through my Clarity stamps I found these two, both unused!

After a bit of trial and error on some scrap paper I finally settled on using Versafine Clair Purple Delight for stamping. I added a mat of matching purple metallic card and some rhinestones to finish it off.Once finished it looked better than I thought it was going to, but I still wish I'd used brighter colours for the stencilling.
I hope you'll join in the fun this month and check out all the inspiration from my fellow team mates.

11 comments:

  1. Really lovely background with super colours and design.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Sue. I love the delicate colours of the stencilling, it makes the beautiful dragonfly ‘pop’. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the muted background for your beautiful dragonfly! Great choice to add the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this stencil... not used in ages... Amy find myself digging it out later today thanks for your beautiful card. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Love the subtle background. And the dragonfly looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations Sue on joining the DT, it's always an exciting time isn't it. Your card is beautiful and you've done a great job of blending the colours through the stencil. Enjoy your time on the team and I'm really pleased for you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the soft background Sue and perfect for the dragonfly. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Sue, you will be a great addition to the team! I LOVE your color choices, your card is so soft and summery. I'm in love with that dragon fly stamp!!! Hurry up warm weather, we are 15 this morning and only going to get colder as the week progresses with more snow tonight and into the week. I needed to see this summery, breezy card! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the summery background against the beautiful dragonfly.. Looks so beautiful 😍 😍 😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the subtle shading in the background stencil!
    Fabulous make for the Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the soft stenciled dots -- perfect bg for the fun dragonfly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...