Friday 26 August 2022

Rudolph Day - August

Well it's three weeks since I last blogged! My excuse is that during the very hot days my craft room was unbearable even with a fan. I was also in the middle of a watercolour painting that  had to be put on hold as the paint was drying too quickly, so I still have that to finish off. But I have made a Rudolph card!


I cut the red mat out with a die that looks like s fringed blanket (NBUS), but as it is an American size it was too long for our DL cards, so I just chopped the ends off. The Noel stamp is from Woodware and I thought it was time it had another airing and I fancied doing some paper piecing. The Christmas paper with little penguins on is out of my stash. Added some bling with pale blue rhinestones to tie in with the paper.

Challenges:

Rudolph Day at Scrappy Mo's

Time Out Challenges - Festive

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

NBUS Challenge

10 comments:

  1. Super card, Sue. The paper pieced 'noel' makes a great focal point. I love your fringed mat too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty. I like the CAS design. That penguin paper is very cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab bit of paper piecing. That penguin paper looks just the thing against the red mat. A great way for using up your small bits of design paper. I haven't got any full sheets of christmas paper left either loose or in a pack but I refuse to buy any new stuff so I really must get stuck into using all my bits and pieces up for this years cards. Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sue! What a cute die, and always a fan of paper piecing, happy RD xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your eyecatching colour scheme on this super card Sue

    Have a great Bank Holiday weekend

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute, Sue! I love the warm winter blanket background and your pretty paper-piecing! I have that same paper as a Christmas wrapping here! Gosh, can't remember the last time I did any paper-piecing and I love how relaxing it is. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sue, using PP for the NOEL is very effective and enhanced by the red background, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping back with my Guest Designer hat on to say thank you for sharing your beautiful card over in the NBUS Challenge this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a super RD card Sue. Love the paper piecing - very striking against the red background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nooooo, I think my comment just got gobbled up! Basically I was admiring this great card and wondering just why I always feel the need to stamp the same noel stamp, plus similar Woodware ones with the letters from different patterned papers! Your works so well and probably a lot less fiddle faddling about. There are ways to die cut the ends using your fringe die, Just cut a little longer than you'll need so that you have three fringed sides then flip to the other end and place the end of the die at the point you want to cut then sort of 'lodge/lock' the die cut paper into the closest slot to the length you want and cut the fourth fringed end. I know, am sure you knew that anyhow!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...