Thursday 30 August 2018

3D Background

We have a new challenge at Cardz for Galz. We would like you to make your own background. So should I do random stamping, use a stencil, brushos etc etc.? In the end I went with none of those, I used a 3D embossing folder, which came in one of the monthly kits I get.I had to dig out my Big Shot to use it as I couldn't get it to go through the Grand Caliber, which is my machine of choice.

I sponged Antique Linen over it and the Cosmic Copper to pick out the pattern.  The dragonfly and sentiment are cut out of copper mirri card.

Pop across to the challenge blog and see what my teamies have come up with.

5 comments:

  1. Super card, Sue, the embossed background is lovely and I love the neutral colours. Isn't it strange how die cutting machines vary. I have the opposite problem. I prefer to use my Big Shot, but if they won't go through, I always manage to get them to go through my Grand Calibre. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lively card Sue, beautiful embossed background. I have a couple of 3D folders which are a pain to use, have to use card stock shims with them and then not that impressed( no pun intended!) with them after all the faffing about. Yours looks to have worked really well

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, this card is stunning Love the texture from the folder and the colours are so warm. Pretty Dragonfly too, Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous EF and dragonfly, really lovely colour combo, a fabulous card. I have real problems sometimes with EF using my GC, thanks for letting us know that you had problems then we will avoid buying this type of EF especially as I do not have a Big Shot.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super make and the cosmic copper was an inspired idea

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...