Sunday 25 November 2018

Last Rudolph Day of 2018

Well it's not long now till the big fella in the red suit turns up! Are you all ready for it? I'm not! Although I have got a few presents which I bought on holiday. Some photos of our first ever cruise will follow, but first the card for Rudolph Day.

I have used my favourite Snowy stamp, I just love this snowman. Rather than colour everything I paper-pieced his hat and scarf to match the background paper, and just a little bit of colouring with copics to add definition. I finished it off with some diecut glittery snowflakes and some glitter tape.
Edited - also entered into Crafty Calendar Challenge - thanks Liz!

Now for some holiday photos. I was very dubious about cruising and really wasn't sure that I'd like it, but I'm hooked! No airport hassle, didn't have to touch the cases, once they'd been put in the taxi, till they were in our cabin. It was just so easy and I wasn't seasick either in spite of it being a bit rough in the Bay of Biscay.

First stop after Southampton was Oporto and a visit to a port winery.



Halloween on board with pumpkins carved by the crew. No 15 won!


Next stop Gran Canaria



Brilliant sunshine followed in Tenerife.Who knew they had pyramids there?





Very wet in La Palma but I did get to see inside a volcano.


 Funchal next where we just had a wander into town rather than do a tour, as we had had a holiday there 16 years ago. It had changed a bit!



Next day at sea with a beautiful sunset over the water.


Lisbon next but only half a day which wasn't long enough. We'll have to go back!

And finally the ship
and seagulls seeing us off on the homeward leg.
We've already booked another two for next year!






13 comments:

  1. Everyones favourite snowman and he looks great with his paper pierced scarf and hat, great choice with the dotty red papers.
    Been cruising for years and still love it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Sue, your adorable little snowman looks great paper pieced. I love the patterned paper you've used, really sets off the image. Your card would be perfect for the Crafty Calendar Challenge where the theme is Paper Piecing and there is still a couple of days before the challenge closes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Sue and love the snowman. As for cruising, not for me. I love the sea and live a short walk to a beautiful beach. My sister was addicted to cruising and passed away on one, aged 66. Anyway, I get sea sick and when I used to go on boats to France shopping!! I spent the whole crossing in the loos!!Lol!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping back to say, thanks for sharing the photos of your cruise. You went to some amazing places! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun vacation! Wonderful card--love that you made Snowy's hat & scarf match the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, snowy is adorable and looks very festive in his polka dot hat and scarf with snowflakes to add to this lovely christmas card! lovely holiday photos! thank you so much for playing along with the rudolph days challenge!
    linda
    rudolph days challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet and cute card and your photographs are awesome
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
    Rudolph Days Challenge DT
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never fancied cruising but you've tempted me!
    Your card is really sweet and the paper piecing is perfect for the snowman's hat and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable snowman, Sue ... so fun and festive in his polka dots! Fabulous photographs ... looks as though it was a wonderful adventure! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your paper piecing of my favourite snowman! Lovely card

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you two turning into cruisers! That's fabulous, Sue! Thank you for sharing your spectacular photos!! I love your darling snowman card! Super idea to paper-piece his scarf and hat to match the background!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable. Love your paper piecing. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The xruise looks great! We love cruising.. No hassle and a relaxing time!

    Your Rudolph Card is so sweet. I have this stamp and just had a call from my local store that they got the die in for me. have to pick it up on Thursday! Yay!

    Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...