Thursday 30 April 2020

Tulips

The new watercolour challenge at Happy Little Stampers starts today. I have gone with the optional twist of emboss.

 
 I stamped this lovely Uniko tulip stamp onto a piece of mixed media card and embossed it in gold. I diuted some brushoes on my craft mat to paint it with. With hindsight I should have just added the sentiment and stopped there, but I didn't.

I decided I wanted a wash of pale blue behind the tulips but it came out much too dark. I managed to lighten it by the liberal application of water then mopping it up with kitchen towel. It's still a lot brighter than I wanted, but decided that it waas time to call it a day.Once I'd trimmed it and mounted it onto gold and then the card base it didn't look as bad!

I hope you'll be able to join us.




6 comments:

  1. Lovely background and image, great colours and design.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, Sue. The tulips are beautiful and look great against the blue background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backgrounds like that can be tricky - but I think the bright spring blue makes these tulips pop. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the blue background that attracted me to your fabulous card Sue! Really love the blue with the gold touches and the clear red of the tulips. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful tulips, they are blooming here and they are always so pretty to see
    I always struggle to get my backgrounds just right also. Lovely card.
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  6. You tulips look so very elegant, Sue with the gold embossing. The lovely watercolouring adds to the effect and helps them to really pop! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...