Friday 16 April 2021

Twofer Leaves.

 I thought I'd better get this post written today just in case I react to the 2nd Covid Jab which I had this morning. Not sure how it will react with the steroids I'm having to take.I do know though that I probably won't be as protected as I would be if I wasn't having to take them. It also took me three days to make these cards as I was having a couple of tired days. It is so easy to overdo things now!

The Twofer challenge this month is Leaves. I came across this die in my stash when I was looking for something else and thought I would use it. I've got no idea where I got it from or how long I've had it!

The first card was nice and easy. I cut the leaves out of green card and mounted it on a previously made background. The die  cut frame was also in my bits and bobs drawer.


 
 
The second one took a lot more thought. Eventually I cut the left hand leaf off and inked it randomly with Distress oxides, then cut and inked another three.
I found a matching snippet of orange paper which I wrapped with linen thread and mounted on the bottom of the card and placed the four leaves randomly along the join.

 
And here they are together.

Off  for a rest now befoer I go for my post lockdown haircut. I don't think my hair has been this long since I was in my twenties!

8 comments:

  1. Two super cards with great colours, backgrounds and dies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two brilliant cards Sue and love the designs. Great die too. I am tired a lot now and hope it's just being in the house for so long. Having been a hairdresser for 58 years, I didn't have that problem as always cut my hair and hubby's too. Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely die Sue and two great cards.
    Hope no adverse reaction to your 2nd jab. I got to the hairdressers yesterday - from long to short in 3 hours! But I feel sooooo much better! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both gorgeous! I hope you feel ok after your jab. I need to go to the hairdressers for a trim but I am waiting till after my second jab. Its the longest my hair has been for many a year too but I love it! I am going to keep it longer but it does need a tidy desperately! Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely find in your stash, Sue! Love this leaf die and how beautifully it works on this background for a sympathy card! The leaves in orange with the matching paper adorned with linen thread make a bright and pretty card for a birthday! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you took before and after photos of your hair, Sue! And I hope you didn't get a bad reaction to your 2nd jab because of the steroids. Take it easy this week. I love how you used that beautiful intricate leaf on your two fabulous designs! And well done using other bits from your stash, too! Thank you for playing in TCC #37! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are ok after your jab, it'll be worth it! I love this die, it's so pretty. I particularly like the wafting leaves on your second card and the subtle inking. Two great and very different cards. My haircut is booked for next week, hair currently getting bigger and more out of hand every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my second shot last week and had a couple of 'tired' days, but nothing else, thank heavens! I hope that you're doing well after your shots. The leaves look amazing against that background and within the frame. Hooray for the bits and bobs! (I've got two small boxes of b&bs sitting on my desk, too!) Perfect way to create a pretty card. Cutting apart the trio really worked well for your birthday card. They look lovely in the inks you've used. Love that bit of linen twine, too. Wonderful Twofer! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...