Wednesday 9 February 2022

A Valentine!

I suddenly realised that it was Valentines's Day next Monday so yesterday I made  a quick card after I had cleared away all the mess from my pastel painting. I will show you those later in the week.

As you can see it was a very quick card. I die cut a red heart with an old SU die set and the added the Penny Black train. I've had this die for ages waiting for an occasion to use it.
I'm finding card making a bit difficult since I had my cataracts done. I'm constantly having to take my reading glasses on and off, not a problem I had before, in fact I'm thinking of asking the optician for varifocals when I next have my eyes tested, just for card making!
 
Challenges entered: 

Pixies Snippets Play ground - red and black snippets.
NBUS Challenge - Penny Black die


9 comments:

  1. A sweet CAS card Sue. Love the little train. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and good luck with finding glasses which work for you now you've had your cataracts sorted

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card, that is really a cute train! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost a whole comment, sigh. I love your card Sue - clever! I also suggested that if you're brave enough to venture into some of the 'non-optician's' shops then you could try some of their specs on. You might save a lot of money for crafting use only - if you do have equal vision in both eyes.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be a stamp designer, Sue! I thought the train and heart were all one stamp ~ so clever and cute! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your eyes following your cataract surgery. I hope you are able to get in for new lenses soon because it's a pain to have trouble seeing and fuss around taking glasses off and on. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick cards can sometimes yield the best results. This one worked out perfectly.
    Best of luck with getting the right glasses.
    Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

    Prudence
    NBUS February Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! That cargo of love is perfect for our challenge!! Thanks for playing along with our "LOVE" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Way to go pulling off a masculine "Love" card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your LOVE TRAIN card is terrific Sue.
    Good luck sorting your spec's out! Must be a nuisance!

    Come and relax in a comfy chair up in the Playground Treehouse . . . I'll bring you over a drink from the bar! Soon have you seeing double! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great fun card Sue! Amazing it was created while you are suffering with your eyes. Hopefully all will correct itself soon. Good luck! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...