Sunday 5 February 2023

Butterfly Birthday

I was delighted to see that I was a top pick in last month's Butterfly Challenge. So of course I had to make a card for this month.
Here is what is required.
 
 
I didn't go for the shape this month though, just the diecut, three of the colours and of course the butterfly.
 
I stamped the butterfly on a snippet of white, and after three attempts got the three part stamping to line up. Now I know when I bought this stamp set I also bought the two sets of dies that went with it. I found one set, but not the one containing the butterfly outline. I have absolutely no idea where it can be. so had to fussy cut it instead. I then brushed the same inks over another scrap of white card but they came out quite pale. I placed the Christmas Bubbles die (unbranded) over the inked card leaving a small border, then inked over the holes to strengthen the colours. I added the butterfly at the "waist" of the die. The butterfly is from SU Watercolor Wings, the sentiment from Clarity Stamps.
 
Challenges:
 
NBUS - Bubbles die

12 comments:

  1. A fabulous card - I love the colour of your butterfly.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sue - I adore this card. The muted but striking die-cut background really shows off the colourful butterfly to great effect.

    Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND today. I've got a nice glass of G&T ready for you (well, it's 5 o'clock somewhere in the world, right?!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I never Sue! I have this same (NBUS) die from Positively Papercraft and never in a million years would have thought to use it as you have - with a butterfly! It's so perfect - gives the impression of movement and I love it! Lurve the sideways sentiment too - perfick!

    Hugs

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, congrats on your top pick win Sue!!! Secondly, this card is just gorgeous! I love the butterfly and can relate to not being able to find something. Usually I have filed it away in the wrong spot. LOL Very frustrating to say the least! I love the unbranded die, your butterfly fits so well in the "waist" of it. An absolutely gorgeous card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite lovely. The colorful butterfly is a real standout and I love how it looks over the bubbles die. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry this design gave you some trouble, Sue, but I'm glad you stuck with it because it turned out to be unique and beautiful! Love the color and movement and sideways sediment! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! I hope you find your missing die. I swear sometimes those buggers grow legs! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I spied this from the gallery and had to come take a look, it's so pretty -- no trouble seen from here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Sue, your fabulous butterfly makes a great focal point. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Fabulously and gorgeously coloured Butterfly, love the die cut, I was in 2 minds about buying it and then, forgot, I wonder if I still can? It's gorgeous and looks so lovely with colours underneath it. I love everything about this card.
    PS, Get that Cameo out and make something hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purfect fussy cutting of the butterfly and love the colours. Love the whole card in fact. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, just adore this and love this die which I have never used, great design xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous make with that super "bubble" die

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...