Thursday 26 January 2023

Rudolph Day January 2023

Welcome to the first Rudolph Day of 2023! It's the place to join in if you want to get ahead with your Christmas cards. I have had this Memory Box die sitting on my desk for months - unused!  The paper was also sitting there waiting to be put away - there's less of it to go away now!

I cut the die out twice, once in red and once in green. To be honest I didn't really like either of them,but decided to  go with red, with just a bit of green for the sentiment panel. Since photographing it I have liberally applied red Wink of Stella to the leaves to brighten it up a bit.

I made a second card with the paper and just a strip of red card for the sentiment. I have to confess I like this one better. I think the die might well end up in my 'for sale' box.
Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas cards Sue, I love the die cut with the panel incorporated for the sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a very wonderful card and I love the paper used it's gorgeous and it goes so well with the die cut.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pp is definitely the star of the show, Sue, and I also like both sediment versions! Hammy approves of your winking, but I wonder how the holly die would look cut from watercolor paper and shaded with your Ziggies or the like? Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the second card too with just the sentiment. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of these festive cards. Happy Rudolph Day (belatedly) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are lovely Sue! That DP paper is absolutely gorgeous, it definitely steals the show! I think I prefer the second as well mainly because there's more DP on display! But I'd try a few more things before I get rid of that die though! Perhaps cut from gold??
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great paper and embossed sentiment, as for the die, I wonder if it had a shim, would more detail be shown? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both cards Sue, but the second is my favorite too. But only because I love that pattern paper so much! I think you need to give the die a chance before selling it. It would make a lovely CAS card I think. It would have been really pretty die cut from the pattern paper you used as well. Try again, you might change your mind on it! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these cards Sue and the paper that you've used. Thank for in joining fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...