Wednesday 27 September 2023

Rudolph Day - September

I bought this stamp last year but hadn't used it. All the cards I had seen using it were so pretty I decided to show it some love and ink. The first six attempts went in the bin! I was using markers to colour the stamp but it either didn't stamp properly or was too dark. Spritzing it with water was also a disaster. Eventually I turned to Youtube for some hints.

 
So this one was inked with Distress Inks then some painting added on top. I used some Hot Press Watercolour paper which is why it is creamy. I wasn't convinced that the stamp was stamping properly so I made a second card using just one colour.

 
 
Brown didn't seem very Christmassy so I added a liberal amount of gold stickles and a gold mat. I've since watched another video so I'll have another try with it before I decide that Brushstroke stamps are not for me!
Challenges:




8 comments:

  1. I enlarged both cards Sue and absolutely love the effect you achieved with both cards, they are gorgeous, the colour mix on your first is so Christmassy and I love the elegant gold on your second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely stamp, so I'm glad you persevered with it, Sue. Two super cards, both beautiful but my favourite is the first one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your NBUS getting an outing - fab makes too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    I love your wonderful cards and their fab designs.
    That stamp is a great one to have in ones stash.
    Brilliant colouring of them too.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a gorgeous stamp, and I love your initial attempts here - they look gorgeous too! Thank you for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards. I think my fave is the second one. The first is lovely too of course, but the vintage look of the last one really caught my eye!

    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I LOVE both of these cards Sue! That image is just gorgeous and I'm glad you gave it some love. Your coloring is just gorgeous on them both. Hard to pick a favorite because they both are equally beautiful. Although that second one is very eye catching! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you fell in love with the stamp. Both your cards are beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...