Tuesday 8 October 2019

Spooky!

I'm really not big on Halloween and tend to only make cards if I need to for my DT work, then my grandsons get them. As a result I have very little halloween stuff in my stash so I went shopping for a digi stamp for this card at Bugaboo.

I printed it out on photo paper then used a new to me technique. I smooshed some Distress Oxide inks onto my craft mat, fossilised amber, faded jeans and wilted violet, then using each colour separately wiped the card through it till I was happy with the coverage. The black image then loked very odd but some wiping with a baby wipe, brightened the inks up and cleaned the printed image.  I was o pleased with it I made another!

Love this technique! I seem to remember from years ago that Debbie Moore did something called Print Magic which embossed printed images so Im off to see if I can find some as I think that would make the images stand out even better.Hope you can join us at Cardz for Guyz with your spooky cards.


3 comments:

  1. Two really super cards, both have stunning backgrounds and super spooky images.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great. The backgrounds are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun pair of Halloween cards, Sue and the smooshing technique worked perfectly!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...