Sunday 21 June 2020

Circles for Twofer

This month's challenge at Twofer is Circles or Bubbles. After considerable thought I decided to use a stamp from a Happy Little Stampers set.  I had thought Id stamp it randomly across the card and turn it into flowers, but once I'd stamped a few in orange and blue I decided to leave it as a random row across the card, making it ideal for a male card.

I knew I was going to use it as a sun for my second card, but had to choose something to go with it.  I fished out this stamp set that was a freebie from a magazine last year I think and gave it a very gentle watercolour wash.


And it was one layer, which used to terrify me! Hopefully the sun is going to show its face again here this week - at least the forecast says it will - it's supposed to be reaching 30 degrees on Wednesday! I’m also sharing the second card with Addicted to CAS - One Layer

7 comments:

  1. Two fun cards using your circles as a little birthday design and then the sun in the second card. Thanks for joining in at Twofer this month. Linda GD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great takes on the challenge, lovely scene and a great use of these on the first card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have inspired you, Sue, which I'm chuffed about! Great choice of circles and I love the colors on your festive birthday circles. It's a great design for any age or gender! It also makes a wonderful hot sun for your beach babe on your seaside OLC! I love the light watercolor wash. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #28! I hope you two are keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are awesome. I am drawn to the beach one though :) Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sue, I love the circles you used on your Twofers! The first one looks like fireworks going off across the page and yes, I think it would be a great masculine card. I love the circle stamp as a sun too, it is perfect with the rays reaching out! Love the little scene you watercolored as well. I hope the sun has come back out for you, we need the sun to boost our spirits! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great Twofer, Sue! I love the festive feel of your starburst circles on your birthday card! That circle makes for a perfect sunshine on your beach scene! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both cards, but really love the beach themed card. How wonderful that the stamp was a freebie in a magazine. Love the soft watercoloring, too. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...