Sunday 20 December 2020

Santa

I have been doing a Zoom watercolour class run by the local library. Now I am definitely not an artist but have been pleasantly surprised at what I actually could do with instruction.The last two classes of the course were a portrait. Now I have never ever drawn or painted a portrait in my life before. The reference photo was of a man with a beard and glasses wearing a panama hat, black waistcoat and with a cigar. We had to turn him into Santa!
This is my attempt. To my surprise I did manage to at least paint something that was recognisable as a face.
I turned it into a Christmas card with Craft Artist but decide it looked too scary to send to anyone!
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I think you can officially say that you ARE an artist, Sue. This is fabulous! If I attempted it, it would look like a three year old had done it. LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun, a great Santa, and what a brilliant job you made of it, I wouldn't have known where to start.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant first attempt Sue. Well done. I studded art at Grammar school and had an artist as my Dad!! And I still could not draw faces!!! Animals, landscapes and the backs of people in scenes was my limit!! Hugs, Carol S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL! You've done so well. I can doodle, but I can't draw for toffees! What a great thing for your library to do.

    Thanks for all the comments you leave on my blog.

    Happy Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...