Thursday 31 December 2020

Wattle I Do

Happy New Year to you all! Let's hope that this one will be better than last year.m
 
Welcome back to the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge after our six month break.  The theme is Anything Goes. No optional twist this time.


I have used a new stamp set from Paper Rose called Wattle I Do. I stamped it with Ink on 3 and watercolored the image, Once dry I added coloured pencil to add detail. It looked a bit bare so I sponged Antique Linen Distress ink lightly through a stencil. I've no idea what make it is as I've had it for ages.

It still looked unfinished when I put it on a white card blank so added a mat in Sahara Sand. I'll add a sentiment when it gets used. 
There's lots of lovely inspiration on the challenge blog and new design team members too who would love to have a visit from you.

13 comments:

  1. I like how you added the stenciled background to your watercolor floral panel - gives a little more interest. Wonderful card
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty card with delicate colouring. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Sue. I love the subtle stencilling for the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card and a great subtle background, really shows the lovely colours of the image. Happy New Year.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! So delicate and so subtly colored! I even love the grid background that you've paired with it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers challenge! Wish you a very happy and crafty new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I commented like you weren't the DT! Silly me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very sweet delicate card. Wishing you a happy and safe new year. Caz HSL DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, this is a lovely, delicate card design. The w/coloring is done so well, and I love the subtle texture you've got with the stenciled background. It makes the yellow flowers pop! Well done. TFS & Happy New Year, with a good dose of healthy added into that wish! Hugs. Mary H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Sue! That subtle stencil background is just gorgeous! Hugs Bhavya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colouring of this pretty floral! The subtle stencilling is a perfect background for it, too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project, the wattle is exceptional and perfectly paired with that stencil

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, love the golden wattle a fabulous card and we have just celebrated Australia Day here and is our floral emblem... have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, Sue!! As an Aussie, I love the wattle with it's gorgeous yellow flowers towards the end of winter here in Brisbane!! Something I always look forward to. There are many kinds but the little yellow balls are my favourite! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Thay are much appreciated.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...